Saturday, March 24, 2012

LA Drawing Club 1

Finally got a hold of some internet now that I'm visiting my parents' house this weekend.

Some cool things about my recent move: the Hollywood sign is right outside the window at my work, I get to keep my babcia company, and I get to meet awesome industry professionals! Since I moved to my babcia's, I've had the chance to go to the LA Drawing Club a few times and draw models. :) Every Thursday, a professor from Art Center has a 3 hour life drawing session in Glendale. It's like $20 but totally worth it! The model is always themed, with a movie and fitting music playing, and props! It's super cool. My new neighbor Brittany told me about it, though we haven't had the chance to go together yet. So far I've been to a Samurai-themed night (with a familiar model!), an I Love Lucy night, and recently a Bladerunner-themed night. I will scan and post the last one when I have time.

But one of the best parts about the club is that professionals from all over LA, from all different kinds of artistic focuses come and draw too! I've met gaming artists, Titmouse animators, a Disney head of story... and the best part is I get to drool over their artwork. Gah I wish I could interpret the model like they do. They can see the model in front of them, but rather than copy what they see they reinterpret the pose into an appealing character. It's so inspiring. I've been trying to do the same, but am still getting back into the life drawing groove! Anyway, here are my drawings from the first couple sessions:




No comments:

Post a Comment